This post may contain links from our sponsors. See our disclosure for more information.
In this TaskRabbit Tasker review, I’m going to share some of the pros and cons of this opportunity. I’ll also give you a rundown on how you can get the app.
These days, gig sites are so popular. They allow us to get things done on the cheap, which also saves us time. But is it worth it to become a Tasker if you value your time?
Let’s find out if TaskRabbit actually delivers and is worth your time when it comes to making money just for completing tasks for others. Because we all know, time is money.
Table of Contents
What is TaskRabbit?
TaskRabbit is a marketplace that provides freelance Taskers (people who perform tasks or gigs) and customers who need help with everyday tasks, a platform to connect. The company was founded back in 2008 and is based in San Francisco, CA.
Currently, the company is available in over 60 cities in the US as well as some cities in Canada and the UK. At the time of this review TaskRabbit has over 140,000 background checked Taskers.
How TaskRabbit Works
Basically, as I mentioned TaskRabbit puts you in contact with customers who need to have jobs done. You can earn money with the company when you become a Tasker and perform gigs for customers the customers who TaskRabbit connects you with on their site. Think of them as the middleman.
As you can imagine the more skilled you are, the better chance you have of earning more for completing tasks. Some of the popular categories for Taskers include:
- Furniture assembly
- Personal assistance
How To Become a TaskRabbit Tasker
To get started with TaskRabbit all you need to do is visit the TaskRabbit website to become a Tasker.
Once you have joined you will be notified by the company when there are potential jobs available in your area. From there you simply select the job you want to complete and once you complete the work you submit your invoice to get paid.
The registration process consists of the following steps:
- And Info Session
- A Tasker Onboarding Session
- Then you can start tasking with the Tasker App
You’ll also need to meet certain requirements to become a Tasker in the US. Some of these include:
- A US Social Security Number.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Pass a background and ID check.
- Have a valid credit card and checking account.
- You’ll need a smartphone.
In order to be a tasker you’ll need to be able to go where the jobs are and this isn’t a virtual opportunity. This is why they require you to be located in the city where the tasks are.
The TaskRabbit Tasker App
The Tasker app is available for both Android and iOS devices. But it is not available in the app or play store. You’ll need to visit the TaskRabbit Tasker App website to download it for your platform.
NOTE: You’ll need to visit the website from your phone and then click on the link that is found on the Tasker App webpage for your device.
The app has been described as very user-friendly. Also there is an info/tutorial session with the app that helps you get started and increase your chances of success.
How to Make Money With TaskRabbit
There are a few ways to earn money with TaskRabbit. In any customer service type role, it starts with doing your job well and TaskRabbit is no different.
For starters, you’re paid hourly or for each task. You can also earn tips for a job well done. To make the most money possible, you’ll want to stick with tasks that pay the most.
Usually the more labor intensive, the higher the pay for a task. Tasks like moving, handyman, and cleaning are some of the highest paying tasks.
Some of the highest paid Taskers have shared pro tips such as:
- Be versatile (perform a variety of different gigs).
- Remain flexible (be prepared to work on short notice).
- The more skilled you are the more you make.
Is TaskRabbit Legit?
TaskRabbit is a legitimate company. According to TaskRabbit the average Tasker earns $110 per month performing tasks. The company also generates between $1 million and $5 million per year in revenue.
Better Business Bureau
This company has been accredited with the Better Business Bureau since 2017 and has an A+ rating. The reviews with the BBB were mostly negative though with customers unhappy with the quality of the work performed.
Pros and Cons of TaskRabbit
- Flexible jobs that fit your schedule.
- You pick the rates that work for you.
- Tasks that fit your skill set and you enjoy.
- At the time of this review, the company has an A+ rating with the BBB.
- The more skilled and versatile you are the more you can potentially earn.
- The tasks aren’t offered virtually and you must be available in the city where the tasks are being requested.
- Their screening process with background checks can be a turnoff to some.
- There tends to be a lot of complaints about the company’s customer service.
- With this opportunity you’re trading time for money, which doesn’t allow you to use leverage to increase your earnings.
- Many have complained about low-paying gigs on the site.
TaskRabbit connects everyday people who want to earn some extra income with everyday tasks. The service is very efficient and offers you an opportunity to get paid for things you’re good at or things others don’t want to do.
I have a buddy who doesn’t even know how to hammer a nail in a wall, nor does he want to. This is where TaskRabbit comes in. If you’re handy, enjoy moving or cleaning or are in search of an easy convenient way to earn some extra income, then TaskRabbit is for you.