This post may contain links from our sponsors. See our disclosure for more information.
If you’re asking yourself, is TranscribeMe legit? Then you probably already know how convenient transcription work from home can be.
To tell you the truth, the thought of getting paid just for transcribing the spoken word into text can sound too good to be true. But we all know it isn’t.
In fact, there are a lot of companies offering an opportunity to make money doing transcription. But the real question is, would TranscribeMe be a company considered to be ahead of the rest of the pack?
In this review, I’ll share all that I know about TranscribeMe and let you know if it’s legit and worth your time.
Let’s get into it.
What is TranscribeMe?
TranscribeMe is a transcription crowdsourcing site that offers transcription services to its users where they can get content transcribed and turned into text. Hence the name Transcribe Me.
The company is trusted by hundreds of brands around the world and is based in Berkely, CA. Some of their services include transcription, speech recognition, and translation.
Some of the industries that they serve are:
- Market Research
How Does TranscribeMe Work
The TranscribeMe business model is quite simple. As a transcriptionist when you transcribe audio and video for clients into high quality text you get paid.
Here are the steps in the process:
- The client submits audio.
- The file is split into chunks (usually between 10 seconds and 1 minute long).
- These chunks are made available on the WorkHub for transcriptionists to complete.
- After the content is transcribed it goes through Quality Assurance.
- The content is timestamped and assigned a speaker ID.
- The content/file is reviewed and then sent to the customer.
How To Join TranscribeMe
To get started with the company, simply visit the TranscribeMe Registration Page to join as a transcriptionist.
Here are a few highlights of what you can expect when you join with this company:
- Growth Opportunities – when you develop your skills you can advance into higher paying projects and positions with the company.
- No experience needed or startup costs.
- Freedom to work from home when you choose – transcribe short clips (2-4 minutes) with no limit on how many transcriptions you can do.
- Once you’ve joined the company, you don’t need any equipment other than an internet connection, computer, and a headset is recommended.
NOTE: When you have registered with the company, you will need to complete the training and successfully pass an exam. Once this is complete they will contact you within 12 business days.
In some instances you can be put on a waitlist while your registation is being processed.
The TranscribeMe Pay
According to the company, they have the best rates in the industry with income starting around $15-$22 per audio hour, with the highest earners averaging $2,200 per month.
The company is pretty transparent about pay and says that the average monthly earnings for transcriptionists is around $250.
Is TranscribeMe Legit?
TranscribeMe is a legitimate business and a solid way to earn additional income working from home. The company has an A+ rating with the BBB and is not accredited at this time. To date, the company has over 30,000 transcribers.
Pros and Cons of TranscribeMe
- Career advancement to higher paying opportunities if you are successful.
- Weekly payouts sent via Paypal.
- Flexible, easy work that can be done on your own schedule.
- It’s free to join with the company. All you need is an internet connection and computer.
- This opportunity can be done from anywhere so long as the country supports PayPal for payments.
- There are no technical skills required to get started with the company.
- You’ll need to pass a skills test and consistently turn in high quality work in order to earn more.
- Most people don’t earn a full-time income with the average monthly income being $250.
- Some members have complained about lack of work being available and low pay.
- You need to pass an entrance exam.
As you can see the TranscribeMe platform is a solid option if you’re looking to make some extra income. Some of the top income earners are making over a couple thousand dollars per month. While the average is more around $250 per month.
With zero startup costs and the flexibility that this opportunity offers, it’s definitely worth a try. If you’re looking for a full-time income, TranscribeMe might not be that, but it can definitely help you start earning something.