This post may contain links from our sponsors. See our disclosure for more information.
Technology is light years ahead of where is was just a decade or two ago. Now you can make money online easier and faster than ever before. When it comes to the iPoll app, now you can earn extra money in your spare time with surveys.
There are tons of survey sites that offer opportunities to make some cash. But is iPoll worth your time and is it a legit way to earn extra money behind a computer screen? Good question.
Before I get into the pros and cons of the iPoll app, first I’d like to talk about exactly what it is.
What is iPoll?
Initially, iPoll was known as Survey Head and was established in 2008. The company is run by Survey Sampling International – a market research company that pays members for filling out survey questions.
iPoll is a global company that is found in many countries. The company gathers data for market research and other purposes.
How to Make Money With iPoll
It’s pretty simple. You make money on iPoll by filling out surveys. These different types of surveys can include examples such as:
- Rating a local restaurant based on the service you received
- Answering questions about products and services you have used
- Missions based on your location that might require you visit to a store, try out a product or take pictures
Once you complete the task you upload the files and get paid.
iPoll users need to be original in everything they provide on iPoll. You can use a computer to complete the surveys through the website or download an app to use on your tablet or smartphone. The app is available on both Android and iOS users.
The surveys are pretty simple. After completing the survey, you get paid and your account is credited with the quantified reward. Mobile phone app users can take in a program called New Item Scavenger Hunt. But, the program is only available for United States residents.
Is iPoll Legit?
The first thing to understand about online surveys is that this not a get-rich-quick scheme. This does take time. And you should go into it with the right expectations. I wouldn’t expect to make huge sums of money. I’d view this more of a part-time income stream.
The amount you can make on iPoll comes down to the amount of time you put in. Typically, long surveys pay more than short ones. You can expect to earn anything ranging from $0.50 to $3 for every survey.
The average amount can be about $1.50 per survey. It’s also possible to increase your earnings by doing shopping missions and quests as they pay more (up to $20).
How Do You Get Paid
To get paid, you can either receive a voucher for use on stores such as iTunes and Amazon or request a payout through PayPal. The minimum amount you can get paid on iPoll is $50. Payments are processed quickly and don’t involve long and complicated procedures like those of checks.
How to Get Started
It is totally free to join iPoll. You just need to sign up and you’ll be directed to the official website where you can complete your profile. Although it might take you some time to complete your profile, it pays to do so as it improves your chances of qualifying for well-paying surveys. Additionally, the website will pay you a small incentive for completing your personal profile. There is also a welcome bonus $5 for signing up with iPoll.
iPoll offers surveys in multiple languages. If English is not your first language, then you can use German, French, Spanish, Japanese, Italian or Portuguese.
How to Find iPoll Surveys
Once you join iPoll, you will start receiving invitations to take part in surveys. The invitations will be sent to your email and the message contains a link that directs you to official iPoll’s website. All the money you earn is displayed at the bottom of the page. You will also be able to know how much you can earn from each survey you complete. It is easy to track your earnings and all the surveys you’ve completed will be shown under the Account History or Rewards section.
The site will select you for future surveys based on the answers you provided. Aside from completing your profile, you need to provide relevant answers to the surveys.
NOTE: In order to participate in iPoll surveys you must be 18 or older.
The Pros of iPoll
There are features that make iPoll way better than other online survey websites. Some of the advantages of iPoll include:
- The site is free to join. You don’t need to pay for anything. You don’t lose your earnings even if you take a break from the survey for a while. The company is available globally and not only to the residents of the US.
- They pay well for surveys and are competitive with the other popular survey sites. They pay you a welcome bonus of $5 just for signing up.
- The platform is offers the volume necessary to add some extra income and participate in lots of surveys every week. The company invites you to relevant surveys that fit you.
- There are multiple options on how you can get paid. You can choose from real cash or gift cards.
- Flexible options for completing surveys. Depending on your preference, you can use a computer or a mobile phone app.
- There is no limit on how much you can earn (just remember that it takes a lot of time to make any real money as with any survey app).
The Cons of iPoll
Here are the biggest disadvantages of going with iPoll.
- Although the site pays, the amount is relatively low.
- After reaching the minimum payout of $50, you still have to wait for a full month maybe longer to get paid. The amount is also quite high considering the small amounts you earn per survey you take part in.
- You don’t qualify for all surveys. This can be a big time waster when you go through survey after survey only to see you don’t qualify.
- For you to make money, you need to take long surveys frequently which requires a bigger time commitment. And then the pay isn’t that good.
Been a while since I burned through Ipoll surveys. Honestly don’t see how people could make a pure living off of them. Yearly, I maybe have made around $2-300 at my peak
— Kyouka Suigetsu (@muichimotsu) November 8, 2017
iPoll is a company that has been around for a while. As with any survey company, it is important that you set the right expectations up front. Surveys don’t pay huge money. In general, when things are easy you are competing with a lot of people, which makes it harder to make money.
Can you make money? Yes. You get paid for every survey you complete with longer surveys earning more than short surveys. There are other pros and cons to consider, but at the end of the day surveys should be just one of the ways you make money.
I wouldn’t make this my only strategy if you want to give it a try. If so, just don’t expect to make a substantial income for the time invested. Your time is probably better spent doing other things to make some extra income.