This post may contain links from our sponsors. See our disclosure for more information.
Modere MLM is a health and wellness company in a crowded space. But much like many of the mlms selling powders, pills and potions. They do it for one reason. This space is loaded with people who are looking for great products.
With anti-aging, and environmentally safe products in such high demand, it’s no wonder Modere has been making a killing in recent years.
But is Modere MLM an opportunity that you should join? In this review I’m going to dissect this opportunity and in the end, share my two cents on if this is a legit opportunity. Or not.
Let’s get into it.
What is Modere
Modere is a multi-level marketing company in the health and wellness industry. The company was originally formed in 1992 under the name Neways.
The company relaunched the brand under the name Modere in 2014 and is headquartered in Springville, Utah.
Rumor has it that the original company ran into some trouble and this is what lead to the reshuffle and relaunch of Modere.
The Modere brand is the manufacturer and distributor of the following types of products:
- body care
- oral care
- men’s care
- weight management
- household products
The company’s mission is to create 10 million healthy homes around the world.
The companies unique sales proposition is that their products don’t contain the same harmful chemicals and compounds that other products use. They make clean label products that are respectful to both your health and the environment.
When they say clean label products they mean it. They stand by their claims and to them a live clean philosophy means:
- BPA Free
- Recyclable packaging
- Gray water approved
- Biodegrabable formula
- No animal testing
What Are Modere’s Products
As I said, when Modere says they’re a clean lifestyle brand they mean it. From dietary supplements to personal care products, they are striving to set the industry standard.
Some of their popular products include:
- Mineral Supplements
- Liquid BioCell
- Lean Body Sculpting System
In fact, one of their most popular products, Trim received an award for Best Weight Management Product of 2018 by SupplySide West.
Here’s a tweet for their Trim product.
How to Join Modere
As you know, Modere is an mlm company, which means to join you will have to get back to the person who told you about the opportunity. That person will be your sponsor if you join.
To join as a consultant, or what the company calls social marketer, you first have to choose a starter kit. The next step is choosing your monthly supply order.
Here are the startup costs associated:
- Enrollment fee is $39.99
- You’ll need to meet the minimum first order point requirement of 480 points (which last I checked was about $600 worth of product) to maximize your earnings potential with the comp plan.
The 3 steps to joining as a social marketer are:
- Create your social marketer account
- Place your first order
- Create your personal website
If you want to purchase the products and have no interest in building a business, you can register on the Modere site. You can join with your Facebook account or submit your information such as:
- date of birth
- referral code (new customers receive 10% off)
Modere Comp Plan and Business Opportunity
The Comp Plan is very detailed and I can say the same for most mlm companies. Here’s a Modere Compensation Plan PDF that breaks it down for you. The PDF is 13 pages long.
The company has a unilevel comp plan and to get into the nuts and bolts, I’m sharing an excellent video with you below. As I mentioned the plan can get complex and a video will probably do it more justice.
The Modere App
This mlm company also has a couple of apps. These days every company who’s anybody has an app. And for good reason. Apps are convenient and make it easy to have access to resources from the company at your fingertips via your mobile device.
At the time of this review, Modere has the following apps:
- The Modere Life app gives you access to all of your marketing.
- Modere Global is an app that lets you conveniently order your favorite products.
- The Modere My Pay app lets you handle all things money.
You can visit the Modere Mobile App page to learn more. Their apps are available for download to your mobile devices in the app store for both the Android and iOS platforms.
Is Modere Legit?
Modere has been accredited with the BBB since 11/28/2018 and has an A+ rating with mostly positive reviews. The company has also seen rapid growth in the past few years.
In an article that I wrote looking at the fastest growing mlm companies, Modere just missed the list. Here’s a quick look at the revenue the company has generated.
2018: $300 million
2017: $200 million
2016: $140 million
2015: $140 million
This company is not a scam. For the non-mlm crowd I can already hear them saying pyramid scheme. But that’s not true.
I usually mention it when writing articles on mlm opportunities that most people hear the word recruit and think pyramid scheme. This is just false thinking.
As you can see this company has a solid product line and lots of happy clients. A pyramid scheme has one sole purpose. And that’s to separate you from your money. Not to sell you a product or service.
Modere Pros and Cons
- Not expensive to get started. Social marketer startup costs compared to other types of business is laughable. With this opportunity you can be up and running for a reasonable cost with your own business.
- Robust compensation plan with many ways to earn and climb the ranks.
- They offer a 30-day, 100% full refund guarantee on all Modere products, minus the cost of shipping.
- Environmentally friendly products that are clean and free of harmful ingredients.
- Rewards for dollars spent on products and for reviews that can be used on free shipping, gifts, product samples, and other things.
- Their online platform needs a lot of work. If you’re looking to join the business opportunity it might be tough to promote using the company’s online tools.
- The products are expensive and this is a saturated market with fierce competition.
- Lack of support, training, and resources leaves you feeling like you’re left on your own. Social marketers are left to fend for themselves. You’ll need a good upline.
- Autoship. This is where most mlms get you and we can say the same for Modere. Either you maintain a certain sales number (100 PV + 500 GV) or you have to ship product to your house monthly.
- Most consultants (social marketers) complain that their comp plan doesn’t pay well enough.
There are a lot of opportunities out there that are a waste of time an energy. But Modere mlm doesn’t appear to be one of them.
If you have a passion for health and wellness, and are looking for a differentiated product line, you might want to give Modere a try.
The company stands behind a clean-philosophy where making products that are respectful to the environment and our bodies are their calling card.
Not only do they have award winning products in the portfolio, but their comp plan isn’t bad. Check it out if you’re on the fence and if you are already inside share your feedback to help the rest of us.